Attaching a Magnahelic vacuum hose to a double hose regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Lawyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I received many suggestions on how to connect my Magnahelic vacuum line to a double hose mouthpiece so I can check cracking effort as I rebuild/tune my regs.

cRYXaX.jpg

Hated to destroy a good mouthpiece but I found this old original USD one in my bin-o-parts that is as stiff as a board and would not be comfortable to use on a reg so I decided to sacrifice it to the cause.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to do it this way but thought I'd share. When in use I would have a wagonwheel and valve in the exhaust side of the mouthpiece.

First, took a Dremmel to the insignia to flatten the area:

BRAdPq.jpg

After a little hand sanding I had a nice flat surface:

hchJBa.jpg

I drilled a hole and screwed in an air nipple resulting in a vacuum line to my Magnahelic. The nipple is nice and tight so I don't anticipate any leaks. Guess I could put some neoprene cement or superglue around the base but don't think it is necessary.

The whole project took about 10 minutes so now I gotta find something else to do. Mark

mm8SB9.jpg

0EzWcB.jpg

T7P2bT.jpg

I probably would have pulled the hose off the regulator and made a T-piece there. A little hose, the T, take it off when I was done. But it looks like you already got the job done.

cool idea just went out in the shop and made one , will make it easier than what I was doing !!!! thx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom