Attach Ikelite housing to BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ejg62

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well I received my new Ikelite housing and accessories last night. I have tested in a bucket of water (no leaks) and attached strobe arms and strobe - all works great (n land).

It is now set and read for a few dives tomorrow. Question is how do I attach the Ikelite housing, tray and strobes to my BC. Previously I used Ultralight tray, canon housing and Ultralight arms. I had one coil on the canon housing and another on the tray. I had 2 coils one on each side to attach to my BC. It appears I may only be able to use one cord, through the Ultralight arms to attach the rig to my BC. Any other thoughts on how to attach the rig to my BC? There is a slit at the bottom of the ikelite tray and a small space between the tray and camera. I might be able to attach something there. Let me know what others do.

Again, this is a P&S Ikelite housing and tray, Ultralight arms.

Thanks

I personally don't like attaching it to BCs, I have seen many floods and cracked domes by hitting it in other divers, tanks, rocks ropes...

I personally don't like attaching it to BCs, I have seen many floods and cracked domes by hitting it in other divers, tanks, rocks ropes...

That can happen no matter how you rig your camera if you are not careful with it and watch where it is going. I use a detachable clip rig to secure the whole thing to my BC for security only. I still carry it in my arms and don't let it dangle from the clip rig.

i use a carabiner to clip to a d-ring. on the camera it goes through one of the holes in an arm (ULCS arms). i don't clip it on often, sometimes on the surface if i'm waiting for other people to get in the water, etc.

Loop this guy through the tray openings directly beneath the housing. "Between the mounting bolts"
Very dependable and works like a charm.
aqutcl.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom