Atrial Fib??--how many here dive with an 'active' dx of it??.Reason I ask is because

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
of my wife. She has 'had it' for the last 5 years or so.....Until last year, occurance was every ?6 to 8 months & controlled VERY WELL with her 'cocktail' of Rythmol. Saying this, starting last fall, the frequency increased @ one point to ~2 times a week for several weeks & 'had' to start taking her Rythmol t.i.d...Since then it has been back 'under control'....

Anyway, she is looking into a surgery procedure(s)(ie ablation or minimaze) to control it........Back to the question, how many dive with it??.So far, all(2) cardiologists(& 2 electophsiologists) have given her a green lite for diving ie "since you can tell the onset very well of the AF"....ie she's still a descending(with no trouble------so far, lol)

Also, any 'experts' here to give her advice??....

If a diver with atrial fibrillation has good exercise capacity and no other limiting diseases, there are no known problems diving with AF.

However, one should be well aware of the risks of diving with the drugs associated with AF control and take some precautions, such as Rythmol's association with drowsiness or coumadin and bleeding.

If a diver with atrial fibrillation has good exercise capacity and no other limiting diseases, there are no known problems diving with AF.

However, one should be well aware of the risks of diving with the drugs associated with AF control and take some precautions, such as Rythmol's association with drowsiness or coumadin and bleeding.

thanks, so far using the Rythmol t.i.d. has not caused her any unusual amout of drowsiness.........Heard a little bit about a possible new drug coming out ?shortly to maybe replace Coumadin form the standpoint of being as effective withOUT all the frequent necessary blood work---have you heard any about this drug??..tia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom