Atomox - buyer beware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
For those of you who might be contemplating the purchase of a trimix analyzer ... I'd recommend steering clear of this one.

ATOMOX Inc. - HeLIOX ANALYZER

I purchased one of these a few months ago. Initially it seemed OK, although I couldn't get the helium reading to zero out ... best I could get was an initial reading of 0.8% (with air).

Over the course of a few months, I noticed the readings starting to drift farther and farther from what I was reading at the shop that did the fills. Three weeks ago, after getting readings that were several percentage points off on both helium and oxygen, I sent Brad an e-mail. Never heard back from him. I've since followed it up with more e-mails and phone calls. No one ever answers the phone ... I've left voice mails, but never got a response back.

So ... I'm stuck with a $550 door stop ... and I'll have to purchase another trimix analyzer.

Diving's an expensive sport ... especially once you start diving helium. Lesson learned for me ... don't try to save a couple hundred bucks. Go with the Analox or Dive Rite models ... they seem to be pretty reliable, and you're dealing with companies that will actually answer their phone calls and e-mails if something goes wrong and you need product support.

When I did a query over on The Deco Stop, it turns out that several other folks have had similar experiences with Atomox.

Buyer beware ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks for posting this...I am thinking about getting an trimix analyzer and certainly am glad to get your feedback.

Hello, I am the son of the owner of ATOMOX Inc., my father passed away a number of years ago, just shortly before this posting and if you still are having trouble with this product I would love for you to contact me to see if I'm able to help you in any way! I'm currently combing through all of his old documentation and products/hardware and am working on finishing the units he hadn't been able to finish. Thank you!

Hello, I am the son of the owner of ATOMOX Inc., my father passed away a number of years ago, just shortly before this posting and if you still are having trouble with this product I would love for you to contact me to see if I'm able to help you in any way! I'm currently combing through all of his old documentation and products/hardware and am working on finishing the units he hadn't been able to finish. Thank you!
Well, Bob is still here, idk if he’s still diving helium or not…

Wow. A 13 year support queue.

Comcast is jealous.

Your credit card may provide 1year electronics coverage. I would look at your agreement and skim through real fast.

Your credit card may provide 1year electronics coverage. I would look at your agreement and skim through real fast.
That might have been useful if you posted that information before 2009.

If you read the posts, the maker of the analyzer passed away. The son now has the parts and is kindly reaching out to offer support in the best way he can. Replying to just about any old post that relates to his fathers product. Yes, over a decade late. But when having to deal with an estate, and probably a business that was tied into that, it probably took a very long time to get everything settled out and everything released.

So I am calling it good family ethics. Your father taught you good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom