Atomic Z2 port positions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefrat

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the port positions on an Atomic Z2 first stage can be altered?
Currently there are no ports at 90 degrees to the first stage and if I attach hoses to the ports angled 45 degrees forward they get impacted by my wing when partially inflated.
Maybe it's not such a big deal but I don't like seeing pressure put on my hoses where they exit the hose clamp!
I am hoping the upper first stage can be turned so that hoses exit at 90 degrees on both sides- thoughts?

Do you have the 5 or 7 port 1st stage?
Its the fixed 7 port, not the turret.
I am wondering if the half of the first stage with the ports can be rotated about 45 degrees and fixed in that position so that two of the ports exit straight out the sides at 90 degrees.
I will have a look on-line for schematics to see if there is an internal pin or something stopping that from being done.
Also I will re-post this in the Atomic forum.

First stage up or down? I'm having a difficult time picturing your issue. My B1 seemed to route better with the 1st stage down and in (closest to my head) - it was fixed also.

The issue is that with the 7 port cap is the port alignment is dependent on how the body and cap meet up. The alignment is dictated by where the start of the threads are. The threads are cut (i.e. started) differently for each body and cap. Thus the exact alignment is some what random as such one will always have a port within +/- 30 degree of the HP port.

Back
Top Bottom