Atomic z2 hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They're

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an atomic z2 2nd with a mares octo this 1st stage is the fixed 7 lp and 2 hp ports. I need som ideas and maybe pics to help with hose routing. I have computer console and lp inflator with 2nd lap for my dry suit. My dive shop recommended using the bottom port for octo. But having a hard time getting it on take. Your thoughts would be help full.

The fixed ports will position the hoses differently on every Z2. I do not recommend using the bottom port except when using the the reg for doubles as a hose is likely to be pointed upwards.

The easiest is to mount the reg vertically on to a cylinder (mount your BCD first) then take all of the LP port plugs that you can see. Now install you BCD hose on the left side into the port that gives the most natural routing (no sharp bends).

Next, install your back up second stage into the right side port that would be most natural but closer to your head. Install the primary second stage into the next port back.

And of course the HP port on the left will be used for the computer.

bottom port could be for drysuit hose. it would allow the hose to route under your arm with no sharp bends, depending on how low you have your tank on the BC.

does the turret have to point down per say? seems to be very silly to have a LP port on the bottom unless it could be used "upside down". if thats the case i'd use that for my primary 2nd stage with the back up second off the right lp then the dry suit off the back left and the bc inflator on the closet to my left side of the bc. your thoughts? it was so much easier just renting this already set up from my shop. why did i have to buy it all :)

The turret can be in any position you want it to be in. The same for the hoses what ever you decide it will be easier if the reg is on a cylinder with your BCD.

The reg pivots on the Yoke connector, and of course if you're configured for DIN it can be rotated to any position you want. If you angle the reg away from parallel to the tank, then the bottom port would come out the bottom at an angle, and the side ports would then be angled as well, up or down depending... Best thing is to assemble your rig and see what works. What works for you may not work for someone else. Take into consideration how it will work in the water of course - as in when you're horizontal and the valve is closer than what it is vertical on dry land.

Back
Top Bottom