Atomic Second Stage T-handle Tool for SS1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Schwob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have one Atomic second stage in the family and it’s an SS1. I found the service manual... and apparently an Atomic Second Stage T-handle Tool is needed to service it. Is it really needed or is there a more universal workaround considering no further Atomic regs are on the horizon (all else is Apeks)?

the tool makes life easier if you are servicing a lot of the units but if you only have one it can certainly be done without it!

the tool makes life easier if you are servicing a lot of the units but if you only have one it can certainly be done without it!
Thanks. I then may dare to try my first service attempt on it (January / February likely) w/o purchasing the tool first. What might serve as a reasonable stand in tool instead?

most of the features of the t-handle tool can be replaced with a small pair of needle nose pliers however the poppet tool from scuba tools is very helpful for compressing the the spring and poppet assembly. Again not 100% necessary but vey helpful.
Atomic SS1 Poppet & Inflation Tool

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom