Atomic Regulator 1st Stage - B2 or Z3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lumpyone

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking at purchasing a used B2 which is in great shape and has been serviced regularly. It comes with an unsealed 1st stage. I sometimes dive in Monterey Bay California so water can be on colder side, so considering purchasing a sealed 1st stage instead.

Would a Z3 sealed 1st stage work with the B2 second stage? Any reason to not do this if it will work?

I'm looking at purchasing a used B2 which is in great shape and has been serviced regularly. It comes with an unsealed 1st stage. I sometimes dive in Monterey Bay California so water can be on colder side, so considering purchasing a sealed 1st stage instead.

Would a Z3 sealed 1st stage work with the B2 second stage? Any reason to not do this if it will work?

You can get the B2 first stage easily without issues. Just take it to an Atomic technician have the first stage serviced and sealed. It will cost you a lot less than buying a new regulator.

BurhanMunstasser - Thanks for the reply. I hadn't realized a unsealed 1st stage could be sealed. That really will help and save some $$$.

As previously stated you can have either sealed if they aren’t already, the second stage will work with either first stage.

I dive monterey regularly and sealing for the cold isn’t necessary but it’s an active shoreline that tends to keep a lot of particles suspended. I prefer to dive sealed there to lessen the slow internal grind that can do some harm over years of use there.

Good luck and I wish you lots of awesome, safe and enjoyable diving. Tells us all about it after you have taken care of the regulator and dove with it.

and soon you will be able to completely enjoy Monterey Bay without concern for suspended particulates

I enjoy hanging with these ones

Back
Top Bottom