Closed Atomic parts & tools

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geo7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all, selling my Atomic tools (and soon some Ti regs). Love Atomic regs, but no access to the service tech course complicates logistics at work for me. So, up for sale are:

1) 1x DIN kit, Titanium:
$150

2) Tools SOLD
$100 for all of them, shipped. SOLD

-Packing tool:

already primed with 1 oz fresh Christolube.

- First tage tool with piston bullet

-Second stage tool

- Hex bit
1/4” for Atomic DIN to 3/8 bit driver (fits Atomic DIN stem perfectly)

3) Octo exhaust deflector
& Cover retaining ring for T1/B1/Z1/Ti2
$5

5) 1x M1 heat exchange jam nut with hose protector
$15

6) 1x Second stage service kit
$20 SOLD

7) 2x First stage service kit
$25 each SOLD

Prices are plus shipping on small items, and PayPal friends. But if you take several items, then I'll throw in shipping for free.

Attachments

• IMG_4737 1.JPG
    IMG_4737 1.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 142
Maybe you should wait and see what happens with Right to Repair :)

Maybe you should wait and see what happens with Right to Repair :)
Right to Repair does not remove Protection from Lawsuit in a high liability business. I can see Huish selling parts to individuals to fix their own regulators, but if you’re going to fix others regulators, you will need to have an unexpired repair clinic certificate.

I happen to have the golden ticket. The class offered the first year Atomic existed had no expiration date. Huish still honors it, even though I do stay current.

I envy your certificate Wookie... A colleague of mine also got into the course before the Huish aquisition, and I think it has no expiration date. If I had that, I'd be so happy and would keep my regs! I have been servicing my regs for private diving over almost 30 years, but for work, OSHA rules do not allow me do so without the course...

The problem seems to be that only candidates that are on the liability insurance of a shop are allowed into an Atomic tech course. I understand and respect that Huish limits their liability that way, and think it has nothing to do with making life difficult for divers, nor profit. It's just shielding from liability.

Still, there is a legitimate need for dive professionals not afiliated to shops (commercial diving, public safety, military, and in my case, scientific diving). In all those areas you can't just run to a dive shop for any issue, that's not a smooth operation. Poseidon and Apeks have been better at catering to the needs of professional diving, whereas Scubapro and Atomic seem to be more geared towards the recreational diving industry. I am sure they each know what they are doing. Huish and Poseidon actually both treat the scientific diving community very well.

Reading the stories of some Scubaboard members encountering inexperienced technicians, it actually may seem justified that manufacturers restrict access to the course (but not parts) in order to maintain quality. Is it the best way to achieve quality? I can't say...

Last reg is listed here, btw...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom