Atomic Hose Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(Travel diver, so I don't have a tank at home to rig this up and try it.) With that arrangement, the BC inflator hose will be exiting downward/aft. Do you need a couple of extra inches to bend back up and then over the L shoulder? (And the backup second upward similarly.)

no. the first stage has enough ports that you'll get it "close enough"

Wow, lots of help here... thanks everyone!

The second stage hose is about 32" and the inflator hose is about 28". Both seem a little long. The inflator is on a DGX wing which does not have an excessively long corrugated hose, so the LP hose does bunch up behind my head a bit and force the turret the wrong way for my second stage routing.

If I understand correctly, I would not be able to change to MiFlex and still use the second stage swivel?

The hose might be long enough to try under the arm as it is?

Thanks again!

Wow, lots of help here... thanks everyone!

The second stage hose is about 32" and the inflator hose is about 28". Both seem a little long. The inflator is on a DGX wing which does not have an excessively long corrugated hose, so the LP hose does bunch up behind my head a bit and force the turret the wrong way for my second stage routing.

If I understand correctly, I would not be able to change to MiFlex and still use the second stage swivel?

The hose might be long enough to try under the arm as it is?

Thanks again!
I may be wrong but I don't think you can use Atomics swivel with a different hose. Are you thinking of a 40" primary hose and swivel to use under your arm? I dove Atomics B1 and M1 for years. I positioned it with the turret swivel on top...I prefer upside down like yours was but with the Atomics I did it regular. I never had and issue with the hose pulling on me. I did however have the regulator hose and the LP inflator hose closer together then the way you do. Think V not U like you have both hoses one over right side and one over left side and they came right over my shoulder behind my neck...did that make sense?

All of the several Atomic regulators I use in recreational diving are mounted with turret facing down and the primary second stage hose is connected to the 5th/top port. I use a 1.2m hose with jacket BC or a 1.5m hose with BPW bc run under the arm. I have a second stage on a short hose on a bungee. I use the "primary donate" concept in OOA situation. I use rubber hose for the long hose. I don't like the miflex type for long hose since they tend to float behind my arm. I use a third party 110 swivel on the primary hose.

I tried to use a 1meter hose for the primary but it was a little too short and kept pulling out and uncomfortable (especially with a BPW bc) so I went to a 1.2m hose.

If I wanted to change the length of my inflator hose, can I just use a standard LP hose and thread the SS1 quick disconnect on it from the existing hose?

If I wanted to change the length of my inflator hose, can I just use a standard LP hose and thread the SS1 quick disconnect on it from the existing hose?
That’s usually the case with these.

Back
Top Bottom