Atomic Hose Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteveT

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a handful of dives on my new Atomic B2, and it's been great! One thing I would like to improve is the hose pulling on my primary second stage. The B2 has a first stage turret and second stage swivel which seems to work well when the hose cooperates. Most of the time I get something like the picture below and it pulls out from my mouth like you can see.

What would be some easy options to improve? I was thinking that I could move LP ports so the hose loops back and accommodates a longer loop. Otherwise try routing it under my arm? It does seem extra long, would shorter be better? I understand the long hose concept and am not interested in that right now. I would also like to keep the swivel.

Thoughts?

upload_2021-3-2_21-49-6.png

Two options that you can look at, one is switch to a Myflex style hose as it is much more flexible and will pull less. The other option and the one I personally use is a 40 or 48 inch hose under the arm, it will also make air sharing easier as I see you are set up with an Atomic SS1 inflator as your alternate air source.

A longer hose routed under your arm will kink less and eliminate that big loop next to your neck.

I use mine with the first stage flipped in the other direction compared to your photo. Puts the swivel on top and my 2nd stage doesn't pull. My transmitter ends up on the right side (2nd stage side) of my body. My primary computer is on my left wrist with no connection issues.

I use a 26" MiFlex hose on my Z2 and it is very comfortable. If you have the correct length hose you shouldn't need a swivel. How long is your current hose including the swivel?

put the transmitter on the left side and put the primary on the bottom port. Rotate the first stage about 45* when you put it on. Problem solved.

The swivel on the second doesn’t readily move so maybe try holding the second stage and see if you can get it set in a better position for you, a better mouthpiece wouldn’t hurt.

put the transmitter on the left side and put the primary on the bottom port. Rotate the first stage about 45* when you put it on. Problem solved.
(Travel diver, so I don't have a tank at home to rig this up and try it.) With that arrangement, the BC inflator hose will be exiting downward/aft. Do you need a couple of extra inches to bend back up and then over the L shoulder? (And the backup second upward similarly.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom