Atomic Comfort Swivel i.d. Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James Maggio

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi gang. New member, first post! I spent hours reading tons of great info and recommendations from you folks and I have to say thank you and I’m very impressed with the breadth of knowledge on this board.

That said, in an effort to piece together my own reg setup, I think I was sold the wrong Atomic comfort swivel hose. Here’s what I have:
-HOG D3 w/ Zenith primary + octo
-36” octo hose
-Atomic 32” comfort swivel

If you look in the picture, from left to right: Atomic 32” comfort swivel hose, standard LP hose, Zenith reg.

Based on the fit and in looking at a stand hose end, I’m pretty sure the swivel hose is not the “universal” (02-0097-3P) that I ordered. Can anyone confirm for me?
3C359DEE-A3E0-4B7C-80B3-02140869A6A4.jpeg
Thank you,
James

Even if i remove the jam nut, The issue I think I’m having is there’s no o-ring on the hose end. No way to seal it.
I would assume it needs an end like the hose in the middle of my picture?

The normal atomic swivel is made to be used on the long threaded air tube present on all atomic second stages. This uses an oring that fits on the outside of threaded air tube not inside the hose. The sealing surface on the regulator must be compatible with the oring and atomic swivel.

The universal swivel which has the oring inside is designed to be used with normal regulator fittings.

To use a normal non-swivel hose on an atomic you have to have a spacer nut.

Even if i remove the jam nut, The issue I think I’m having is there’s no o-ring on the hose end. No way to seal it.
Maybe, I would have to try it to know for sure. I always just removed the Atomic comfort swivel and replaced it with a regular hose.

Here’s the drawing may help.

upload_2020-12-29_22-36-1.jpeg

It appears that for the hose you have, you need to add atomic part # 02-0251-00 (universal swivel housing). This should allow the use of non-atomic 2nd stages with the atomic comfort swivel hose.

It appears that for the hose you have, you need to add atomic part # 02-0251-00 (universal swivel housing). This should allow the use of non-atomic 2nd stages with the atomic comfort swivel hose.
The hose the OP listed is the standard OEM Atomic swivel hose.

To convert a standard Atomic OEM swivel hose into a Universal type you actually need two parts 02-0254-00 Insert and 02-0251-00 Housing Swivel. I got caught just ordering 02-0251-00.
Always good to run a service kit through them during the conversion, second hand ones can be a bit crusty inside!

Attachments

• Atomic Universal Swivel end view.jpg
    Atomic Universal Swivel end view.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 71
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom