atomic cobalt 2 wont download

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i have an atomic cobalt 2 that will not download to pc or windows tablet. was working fine . using cobalt dive log and diving log de. when you press select to start the process on the cobalt nothing happens. cobalt charges fine through the usb.
also cant update the firmware as cobalt dive log on pc says no internet connection despite thevfact i know there is. have emailed atomic but no reply. can anyone help please.

The first thing I would suspect is the adapter or the cable is not making a good connection with one of the data lines, but still connects to the power line, thus the ability to charge.

You don't need the Windows program (or internet) to update firmware on the Cobalt 2, the error you see is because you are using the program intended for a Cobalt 1. You just need to plug in the USB cable and do a reset by holding the Back and Select buttons down for 11 seconds. The Cobalt will go into bootloader mode (dark screen) and should show up on a PC or Mac desktop as BOOTLOADER. You then drag the firmware file onto the BOOTLOADER device to update firmware, and eject the device when the copy is complete. Full Cobalt 2 update instructions are here: Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Updates

If you don't see the BOOTLOADER device on the desktop then the data connection is not working. If you have access to another power/ USB adapter you can try, that would be the first thing to check. Also try another cable and port. Make sure the pins on the Cobalt where this all connects are clean. This is very unlikely to be a problem with the Cobalt itself, it's most likely a broken adapter or cable. Both are easily fixed.

Let me know if this helps.

Ron

thanks ron thats what i suspected as the pc cant see the cobalt. have tried new cable and ports so will order a new adaptor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom