Atomic B2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmdasia

Reaction score
Any one have any experience with the Atomic B2 reg? I like the advertising and tests but wondered if anyone is using one and had any specific comments about its operation and use.

I am currently using an Oceanic D3 but am getting tired of the maintenace problems with the first stage (2 major overhauls in two years inlding a snapped first stage main spring and have had to have the lp port pressure adjusted 4 times so far)

Atomic has refused to accept the divers' union petition ( www.diversunion.org ) and requested the termination of faxed signatures. There are too many good alternatives out there to have to put up with manufacturers that choose to ignore the end user divers. I'd shop elsewhere.

The two DM's that I've trained with swear by Atomic. For the price there are lots of other regs that are just as good, though. All the top-of-the regs are going to be better than the average diver will ever need, so it comes down to style, service, biases....

Out of curiosity, which Oceanic 1st are you having all the trouble with?

I second the recommendation of Mmaky.

Atomics tend to be very expensive and they are almost exactly like the Scubapro design.

Get an Apeks or Scubapro from diveinn.com or any of the other online dealers.

...or, just buy online from someplace like LP. Atomic won't waranty the reg if bought online, but LP will and, while I've never had the need to use the LP waranty, I've heard only good things about it.

...It may be true that other manufacturers make equally good regs, but if you want an Atomic, there ARE options...

(I'm biased...I have an M1 on order...)

Rich

I wasn't trying to talk anyone out of the Atomic. I was simply pointing out that for that kind of cash, your options are wide open. A blind "taste test" would reveal that an s600, ATX200, T1, or _____ (add your favored reg here) are more similar than not. That leaves you to decide based on service availability, color, singing voice, or hair style! :D ...and that's a good thing! It's those of us trying to find a really good deal that have to wade through the opinions and reviews to find the best bang for the buck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom