Atomic B2 Sealed Yoke or Din with M1 Exhaust(complete 1st/2nd and swivel hose)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobbonthecorn

Contributor
Reaction score
For sale is an Atomic B2 sealed regulator. It includes 1st, 2nd, swivel hose, environmental seal, and installed optional M1 exhaust. I had the dealer add the M1 exhaust. (A must after you have tried it!) The yoke fitting is currently on the 1st stage but I am willing to switch this to the Atomic Din fitting if you want. (I plan to keep the one that does not go with the unit. You will not receive both.) The hose was wet about 5-10 times, then a Miflex was used after that, so the hose is like new. The regulator has been wet less than 50 time and is 18-24 months old. Majority of use has been in fresh water. This is a personnal favorite that I would keep but I am moving to doubles and have already selected my new regs. It will ship in a USPS Domestic fixed price Priority package from 48309. So, if you qualify for this type of shipping I will consider your offer to buy. Paypal, shipped $375, OBO. PM offers, or post desire to purchase at price offered followed by PM to confirm. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 130
Check the Atomic web site (Atomic Aquatics Regulator Warranty) for warranty. I really don't see an issue with a valid claim. As for service, I am the original owner and with only about 50 freshwater dives I was not rushing to take it in. As a point of reference my shop charges $90 for a sealed B2 1st and 2nd service interval. I have somewhat sensitive ears and don't enjoy bubble rush over my ears. The M1 exhaust made a noticable difference to me and I would never go back to a standard B2 exhaust. Thanks for looking and remember I am open to a reasonable offer if you are interested.

Thanks... after reading your info again I realized that I missed the fact that it was a sealed first and so I will pass. However now that I know about the M1 exhaust, if I buy an atomic reg it looks like I will also buy that for it. :)

I have done great with craigslist ads so if you don't get a nibble here, you might consider posting there.

Since the question of sealing has come up before I thought it might be useful for those interested to understand the implications of a sealed Atomic first stage. Below are two pictures, one sealed and the other unsealed. When the sealed washer assembly is used a generous quantity of Christo-Lube is injected into the 1st stage to act as an environmental seal. This inhibits freezing and migration of dirt into the 1st stage. I believe Atomic recommends sealing below 50F(?). If you want to make this an unsealed 1st stage have the service tech remove the solid washer, and replace it with the vented washer and omit Christo-Lube. Saves a bunch of money too. (A new sealed reg adds $40 list to a new Atomic) I think my LDS charge $60 for the unseal bi-annual service. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• AtomicSealed.JPG
    AtomicSealed.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 76
  • AtomicUnsealed.JPG
    AtomicUnsealed.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 68
Definitely interested. Reg looks like new in pics. PM'd offer.

Thanks... after reading your info again I realized that I missed the fact that it was a sealed first and so I will pass. However now that I know about the M1 exhaust, if I buy an atomic reg it looks like I will also buy that for it. :)

I have done great with craigslist ads so if you don't get a nibble here, you might consider posting there.

Why wouldn't you want it sealed? I currently have one and love it, it gives you more flexability with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom