Atomic B2 Reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a B1 Ti2 set up that I really like.
It breathes better than any reg I've ever used.
I had no intension to ever buy one but while cruizing ebay one day I found it with a cheap computer/console and knife for $480 and it only had check out dives on it so it was like new.
I find my best deals when I really not interested.
When I really want something it's totally the opposite.

A couple of LDS's in southern Cali are charging full retail. Are you guys getting these prices at a LDS/authorized dealer?!? Any of these in my area?!?

FrankT:
It pays to shop around. I have been offered new B2's for $495. I personally have 2 Z1 setups that cost me $250 each, brand spankin new, from an authorized dealer with factory warranty. I added the Atomic swivel hose and M1 exhaust T and still ended up with less than $350 invested.

My B2 is about a year old, purchased from a dealer in West Palm Beach for $560. PM me and I'll tell you who.

My criteria was easy breathing. After water testing the ScubaPro, Apeks and Oceanic flagships, there was a definite difference in smooth breathing to me. Android's descritpion of "breathing through the mouthpiece with nothing on the back" is an understatement.

Absoloutly no problems, it has been stone-cold reliable. I do make sure I rinse the second stage while the reg is pressurized, because of the seat-saver feature.

If I'd had other criteria, like an environmental seal, or parts availability, I'd have a different regulator.

Make sure you can try before you buy.

All the best, James

Hank49:
I have a B1 hooked to a ScubaPro MK20. It does breath really easy. The only bad thing I can say is that the all plastic face plate/purge buttom lasted only 200 dives or so. It just fell apart one day. And the hose started leaking at the reg end at the swivel after only 150 dives. I kind of miss my G250.
hey there... i know you posted this more than a year ago, but i had the same problem with my B1. First the purge button cracked and fell apart, then the hose rubber protector for the 2nd stage cracked also. This all happened after less than 40 dives (1 year). I was able to buy a replacement from Atomic Aquatics, but im now worried that the new purge button will break down after anoter 40 dives. Im thinking this isnt worth it and i should just sell my reg and get a SP... what are your thoughts? Did you have any more trouble with your reg?

Jalanc:
hey there... i know you posted this more than a year ago, but i had the same problem with my B1. First the purge button cracked and fell apart, then the hose rubber protector for the 2nd stage cracked also. This all happened after less than 40 dives (1 year). I was able to buy a replacement from Atomic Aquatics, but im now worried that the new purge button will break down after anoter 40 dives. Im thinking this isnt worth it and i should just sell my reg and get a SP... what are your thoughts? Did you have any more trouble with your reg?

Sorry for a late response. I haven't had any more problems with mine. The new faceplate (also serves as purge button) is holding up after two years. But I did buy another SP G250 just in case. I really like the B1 but partly too because I'm now so used to it. I wouldn't buy another soft plastic faced second stage though. Hard plastic with a hard button in the center seems to last much better.

I dive an m1 as a primary and a z2 on my doubles best regs i have ever used my m1 been with me since the start been at 130 feet in 33 deg water with out a free flow and always worked awsome

Jalanc:

If less than year why did you buy a replacement? First thing I would do is head in to my dealer and show them the problem and say this should be covered warrenty. If they balked call the mfg. and complain that you LDS is not giving proper support and then ask them for a replacement.

Remember the $$ you are spending is on the warrenty as well as the product - so make use of it.

Just got one, and I love it. Breathes nicely, good mouth feel, and directs the bubbles away from my face.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom