Atomic B2 Reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone out there using the Atomic B2 Reg. I recently got a chance to check this out, and it seems bad a**. It is in the $750 range, so all positive and negative input would be appreciated. :06:

I just purchased two sets. I haven't heard anything negative about it yet (save for the price). Plus, you can only buy from authorized dealers but you get a lifetime warranty.

My advice would be to call several shops and ask for their lowest price. I was able to get it for about $565.

Very nice reg. It's like breathing through a mouthpiece with nothing on the back.
The suggested retail price is only $699, so if someone wants to charge you $750, that's a ripoff.

I got mine for around $550 from a authorized dealer.

$550 range, wow! My LDS quoted me $739.00. They are usually within 10%-15% of Leis... Pr.. Pays to ask questions.

I really liked the swivel on the 2nd stage as well as the wide outlet. It kept the bubbles out of my hood.

Also, the LDS said they recommend service every two years. Did you guys know this?

One more thing. I got my B2 with the exhaust T from the M1. It's wider and moves the bubbles out more. You have to get a gray B2 if you want it to match since the M1 only comes in gray.

And you don't have to get it at LP to get a good price.

Yes, two year service interval and a valve seat that only wears when the reg is in use. Good features.

RDP:
$550 range, wow! My LDS quoted me $739.00. They are usually within 10%-15% of Leis... Pr.. Pays to ask questions.

I really liked the swivel on the 2nd stage as well as the wide outlet. It kept the bubbles out of my hood.

Also, the LDS said they recommend service every two years. Did you guys know this?

I have a B1 hooked to a ScubaPro MK20. It does breath really easy. The only bad thing I can say is that the all plastic face plate/purge buttom lasted only 200 dives or so. It just fell apart one day. And the hose started leaking at the reg end at the swivel after only 150 dives. I kind of miss my G250.

android:
One more thing. I got my B2 with the exhaust T from the M1. It's wider and moves the bubbles out more. You have to get a gray B2 if you want it to match since the M1 only comes in gray.

And you don't have to get it at LP to get a good price.

Yes, two year service interval and a valve seat that only wears when the reg is in use. Good features.

I didn't know about the color match. Not that it would matter, none of my equipment matches anyway.

I definately would not be going to LP for this.

It pays to shop around. I have been offered new B2's for $495. I personally have 2 Z1 setups that cost me $250 each, brand spankin new, from an authorized dealer with factory warranty. I added the Atomic swivel hose and M1 exhaust T and still ended up with less than $350 invested.

FrankT:
It pays to shop around. I have been offered new B2's for $495. I personally have 2 Z1 setups that cost me $250 each, brand spankin new, from an authorized dealer with factory warranty. I added the Atomic swivel hose and M1 exhaust T and still ended up with less than $350 invested.

Z1's for $250. Was that a closeout or some special deal for buying multiples?

Echoing what FrankT said... Z1s are also great regs. The mechanics are the same with differences in some of the metals used. Supposedly the Z1 also requires 1 year service intervals.

I picked up my Z1s for $160 to give you a range to work with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom