atomic B2 or aqualung legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What kind of diving are you going to do?

The Aqualung Legend series is a great set of regs. You can take them about anywhere you want to go and they will deliver air. So will the Atomics.

TwoBit

"Best" is a relative term. It all depends on what's important to you.

My last round of regulator purchasing, I had a list of things I wanted before I went out and tried them all. In the water. Then I decided.

Try before you buy!

All the best, James

It does depend on the diving that you are doing. I know that alot of people like them for their flow rates and stuff and I am sure that they are great regs and all, but I am not completely sold on the messy environmental seal thing. I would personally go with a legend, I think that dependingon your location they may be easier to service, but that is where I am. What is easier to service for you?

rescuediver009:
I am not completely sold on the messy environmental seal thing.

The B2 is not sealed... Just a standard piston ala the MK25. The M1 comes sealed. If you're not diving very cold - then don't bother with the sealed 1st. When you get up into the top regs like the B2, the Zeagle Flathead VI, the Scubapro 600.... it is very subtle differences between them - and yes, they are all top line performers. It will just be subtle differences...

Like atomic does not require annual service for full manufacturers warranty, they've got a cool swivel on the second stage, a nice seat saver invention that stops seat wear on the second stage, and a venturi control that takes care of its self based on pressure, so no little knob to spin....

In most all tests, the Atomic come in on top, or right near the top in ease of breathing and air flow.

So yes... top of the line reg - and there are some other great ones too - so look at the features of each that are important... do you want piston?? Diaphragm?? etc...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom