For Sale Atomic Aquatics T1x - custom rebuild

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scared Silly

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have two Atomic Aquatics T1x reg sets with a backup second stage (aka octo) sitting on my bench ready to be rebuilt. Instead of rebuilding them as I would dive them (I already have two) I have decided to offer them up as a custom rebuild. I'll let the buyer decide what they want and if we agree on a price do a custom rebuild for them. There are two sets available.

Here are the bones -

T1x sealed yoke first stage - it needs a new piston. Can be either a Monel or Stainless Steel piston. I dive both air and NITROX with the monel piston which is sealed.

T1x second stage - needs a new mouth piece. Optional new exhaust. I have updated mine to have the wider gray exhaust. Can be fully updated with the T2 or T3 knob, purge cover/ring and exhaust.

Ti2 second stage - needs a new mouth piece. Can be fully updated with the B2 knob, purge cover/ring and exhaust.

Optional hoses. I can put pretty much any hose you want on it.

All stages will be cleaned and fully rebuilt. I have second reg set that is exactly the same with two second stages but one has a Ti2 second stage purge cover instead of the T1x purge cover (which are no longer available).

A rough estimate of the cost is ~$750 each (yoke 1st stage and two 2nd stages) just depends on how much bling one wants (1/3 the cost of new). I personally like the bling of the T1x over the T2 or T3

IMG_7784.jpg

OP
Scared Silly

Scared Silly

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had some time today so I rebuilt the second stages, I added new AA comfort bite mouth to the primary second stages. Everything else is original. I have not yet rebuilt the first stages so the buyer can decide if they want the monel or stainless steel piston.

If a buyer would like these after the first stages are rebuilt with stainless pistons but otherwise without additional upgrades I would take $695 shipped CONUS per set or $1295 shipped CONUS for both sets.

IMG_7957.JPG
IMG_7958.JPG
IMG_7959.JPG
IMG_7960.JPG

These two images show the difference between the original exhaust and the newer exhaust. Not any significant difference in size. The only difference is the gray accent.

IMG_7962.JPG
IMG_7961.JPG

Geo7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Cool, I think these are are my favourite Atomic 2nds. The titanium retaining ring on the T1X was full metal. The new ones are plastic with metallic coating...

OP
Scared Silly

Scared Silly

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Cool, I think these are are my favourite Atomic 2nds. The titanium retaining ring on the T1X was full metal. The new ones are plastic with metallic coating...

I too have always like the titanium retaining ring. A nice bit bling but no too much.

OP
Scared Silly

Scared Silly

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
One sold, one left.

OP
Scared Silly

Scared Silly

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will be installing a monel piston into the remaining reg and it will be sealed. It will have a gray Ti2 purge cover on the primary second stage and a yellow Ti2 cover on the backup second stage.

Geo7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
If I still had my parts and tools for Atomic I'd be so tempted, alas I jumped ship now...
Great reg. Personally, I'd be fine with a steel piston even.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Top Bottom