Atomic Aquatics regulator color kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkiely

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking to put a red color kit on my Atomic Z2 and SS1 stainless. Can these be installed by the average DIY-er? I'm pretty handy, I've worked on cars for years and I'm fairly mechanically inclined, but I've never tried to take apart or modify any of the high performance parts on my scuba gear. I've only done basic things that could be done with a save-a-dive kit like replace hoses or o-rings. I've looked around on the internet but I havent been able to find any instruction manuals or videos on installing these kits. The shop I work at doesn't have a tech on site any more and I don't really wanna send it out for just a color change, but I also don't want to wait until it's time to be serviced again to put a color kit on if I don't have to.

Thanks!

I think there is a manual for the SS1 here http://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/atomic/

Thats perfect! Thanks!

It doesn't look like the color kit on the SS1 is DIY but the second stage looks easy enough.

Reading the second stage service manual brought up another question, I'll post it here but I can start a new thread if needed. On page 12 of the second stage service manual I noticed this about the exhaust valve (see below, copied directly from the PDF). It's been less than 12 months since my last service/inspection of my Z2, I don't remember exactly when it started but I do notice wetness during my dives. I always thought it was just my saliva because it's definitely not salt water so I never really gave it a second thought, all I know is that now when diving with my Z2 I rarely get dry mouth. Does this mean something isn't functioning correctly? (Also should I start/move this question to a new thread?)

Copied from 2nd stage repair manual (just text, no pictures)
" The exhaust valve should never needreplacement, and it is not normallynecessary to remove these componentshowever many animal such as cock roachesand termites love to eat silicon and it shouldbe thoroughly looked at when servicing. "

Reading the second stage service manual brought up another question, I'll post it here but I can start a new thread if needed. On page 12 of the second stage service manual I noticed this about the exhaust valve (see below, copied directly from the PDF). It's been less than 12 months since my last service/inspection of my Z2, I don't remember exactly when it started but I do notice wetness during my dives. I always thought it was just my saliva because it's definitely not salt water so I never really gave it a second thought, all I know is that now when diving with my Z2 I rarely get dry mouth. Does this mean something isn't functioning correctly? (Also should I start/move this question to a new thread?)

Copied from 2nd stage repair manual (just text, no pictures)
" The exhaust valve should never needreplacement, and it is not normallynecessary to remove these componentshowever many animal such as cock roachesand termites love to eat silicon and it shouldbe thoroughly looked at when servicing. "

When you pop the the exhaust off you can inspect the valve. It should sit flat and make complete seal against the housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom