Atomic Aquatics Mask Options

Which out of the two?

• Venom ARC

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Subframe ARC

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OctoHelm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all! I hope this finds you having a nice start to December! :)

I am looking into a new mask as I am planning on hopefully working on some certs in the coming months, and I have around 20 dives planned for the summer. I have heard that having a backup mask is a good idea, and it seems like a logical choice to increase redundancy. I am looking at the Atomic Venom ARC and the Subframe ARC. One of my friends dives with an ARC coating on his mask and he loves it. If anyone has any input or thoughts, that would be fantastic!

Thank you so much in advance,

Charlie

I've had an old Atomic Frameless for a long time and really like it. If I were to need a new mask I'd try the $29. DGX Ultra View Frameless. Lots of good reports and reviews.
What does ARC really do?

But since it's your money I vote for the Venom. If it costs more it"s got to be better.

I tried the DGX Ultra View and at first it seemed about as good as the Atomic, but after a few dives noticed the way the DGX fit me created an annoying point of pressure on my forehead. But fit depends on the individual, and for $29 DGX could make a great backup.

An Atomic Frameless has been my everyday use choice for many years, to replace it I would pay full price if necessary. With a bit of patience, you can pick up a lightly used or new/returned Atomic for around $100 or less on ebay. If this would be the first time trying the Atomic (or any other mask) make sure it can be returned if fit is not right for you.

The ARC coating is not for me, but defiantly prefer a black skirt. Like fins, mask preference is an individual thing and sometimes you just have to try out the options until finding the right one.

Unless it’s the only mask that fits you or you have money to burn, paying $200 for a backup mask is a bit over the top.

They make very nice masks but no mask is worth $200+, take a look at the Zeagle scope, the newest ones are pretty nice.
Maybe not to you - but my Tusa Paragon is worth every bit of the $200 it cost me as it is the first mask I've used that is completely dry! Zero Leakage, super comfortable and great visibility. With all of the other expenses involved in scuba, $200 for a mask that works well with one's face is absolutley worth it for the extra enjoyment it brings to every dive!

Maybe not to you - but my Tusa Paragon is worth every bit of the $200 it cost me as it is the first mask I've used that is completely dry! Zero Leakage, super comfortable and great visibility. With all of the other expenses involved in scuba, $200 for a mask that works well with one's face is absolutley worth it for the extra enjoyment it brings to every dive!
I also have a tusa paragon and it’s a very nice mask, it’s the back up to the Zeagle, both have removable lenses which makes adding my magnifiers easier, the Zeagle is much easier to do that with, the Tusa has a better track record and it seems the first scope masks had issues but one cost $89 and the other $200.

Hollis M1. But you really shouldn't take advice here. Go to your LDS, try on a bunch (with reg in your mouth) and then decide. You might come to the conclusion that the $24 Blue Reef is a better fit than the $200 Venom / Vyper whatever its called.

I also have a tusa paragon and it’s a very nice mask, it’s the back up to the Zeagle, both have removable lenses which makes adding my magnifiers easier, the Zeagle is much easier to do that with, the Tusa has a better track record and it seems the first scope masks had issues but one cost $89 and the other $200.
I'm confused - you said "no mask is worth $200" yet you own a $200 Tusa Paragon?

I'm confused - you said "no mask is worth $200" yet you own a $200 Tusa Paragon?
I didn’t pay $200, it cost me less than the Zeagle. For me masks are sort of disposable, just to easy to lose or damage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom