Atomic Aquatics M-1 feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peterjmaerz

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello All,

Looking for feedback on the atomic aquatics M-1 reg. I've read glowing reviews, most recently in the big Rodales reg issue, but have also seen some serious recalls on other Atomics products.
Anyone own an M-1 or B-1 and have any thoughts?

Thanks much

I dive a B1, as I've mentioned before, mine had an exaust diaphram isssue that caused it to breath very wet inverted.

After the problem was finally tracked down, apparently atomic used a different material on the exhaust valve of a small batch of regulators, the local atomic dealer (not the one I actually purchased from) replaced the diaphram free of charge.

It breaths well, the only real complaint I have is there is a lot of bubble interference, but the larger T on the M1 is supposed to resolve this.

ERP once bubbled...
I dive a B1, as I've mentioned before, mine had an exaust diaphram isssue that caused it to breath very wet inverted.

Ya know...this is a little disconcerting. When I was shopping for a reg., I happened to be in CO., and the sales guy in a shop was really pushing the B1. Matter of fact he stated that his diaphragm was punctured and kept diving it for months without having any problems. I was VERY sceptical of his assessment and came to the conclusion he was pushing to sell his overstocked Atomic's. Thanks for your input...this makes things clearer that he was probably full of it.

Thanks, ERP,

If memory serves, and it doesn't very well these days, it was the diaphragm that was at issue in the recall camapaign. And yes, reviewers are lauding the new exhaust T on the M-1.
Want to do as much research as possible before subtracting 6 or 7 hundred bucks from the bank account!

Thanks again,

I love this reg.

Totally dry even inverted, can't tell I'm breathing off a reg it's so smooth and I didn't realize that there were bubbles coming out...none in my vision.

Try one if you can.

The M-1 is a truly fine reg. I have not an uncomplimentary thing to say about mine.

Happy shopping.

DocVikingo

Fantastic reg
breathes dry and easy in any position
zero bubble interference..zero jaw fatigue
I love my M1

peterjmaerz:
Hello All,

Looking for feedback on the atomic aquatics M-1 reg. I've read glowing reviews, most recently in the big Rodales reg issue, but have also seen some serious recalls on other Atomics products.
Anyone own an M-1 or B-1 and have any thoughts?

Thanks much

Hi... I have and M1 and a B1. Have been diving the M1 for 2 years in cold, deep water. My dives are typically between 100 and 215'. I've never liked a regulator as much as I have my M1 -- completely satisfied, no complaints. Hope this helps... Doc

I dive the M1 on my doubles and deco regs. They've been to 250 in the cold northeast, no problems. My buddy dives Apeks regs, the only difference we can tell is when we are tearing them down for service. The Atomic have quite a few more parts and use christolube for the eviromental seal.

The only issue I've had is on one of my deco regs the IP was set to high from the factory. Some light tuning & it was good to go.

Another two thumbs up for the M1. Nice easy breather, even at depth.

A world of difference from the MK2/G250 Scubapro that I have had for years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom