Atomic Aquatics Deseres Recognition!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marshall

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As many of you are aware, Huish Outdoors of Salt Lake Utah is an emerging US outdoors sports company that has burst into the scuba industry over the past several years. They purchased Bare Sports, Stahisac, Zeagle and Atomic Aquatics. When Mike Huish, President of Huish Outdoors acquired Atomic Aquatics he stated "Atomic Aquatics customers are loyal due to superior products and support and we could not be more excited to be working with this brand in taking the company to the next level." I am sure that you have seen the phenomena where large corporations or investment capital pick up smaller, profitable and customer friendly companies only to see the results of a non-responsible, bureaucracy organization to have to deal with when there are customer problems, warranty issues, and out of warranty needed repairs.

Atomic Aquatics is in our back yard. They are located in Huntington Beach and have served our diving community for over 15 year, particularly supporting the local Orange County diving community and providing some of the most quality and safest equipment on the market. It is not too difficult to see the colorful split fins, masks and snorkels, and their regulators are the choice of many. As Dean Garraffa, Co-Founder says “From the beginning, we have dedicated all of our design, engineering and manufacturing processes to achieve a single overriding goal – to simply be the best and deliver the best diving experience for Atomic divers.”

So you ask why I offer these words. Many times, quality, committed, and customer friendly companies go unnoticed particularly when there is a recall of a product, such as last year’s recall of the Atomic Cobalt. And as with all of their products, Atomic stepped up and addressed the Cobalt issue. Well, I for one want to raise the flag on Atomic even higher. On my recent trip to Bonaire, my Atomic Split Fins horizontally split right below the foot pocket. Needless to say, I did not have a spare and had to rent for the remaining portion of the trip. However, after I returned to Orange County, I called Darcy Berward at the Huntington Beach Atomic office, explained my problem and with no questions asked she issued a replacement authorization and I received a new pair delivered to my home in less than a week.

There will be some that say there is better equipment on the market. There will be some that say Atomic prices may be higher than others. There may be some that say it is hard to find discounts or deals on Atomic equipment. But in the end, the sign of a great product is not only its excellence and innovation, it precision in materials and manufacturing, and its simplicity and application to enhancing a great diving experience… it also comes down to the people who are the company. This is what sets one company ahead of another. So, thank you Darcy, thank Dean, and thank you Doug. I feel safe and supported knowing that you are there when there is a time of need. I just hope that in the near future, I will be able to add an Atomic Cobalt to my setup.

Yours,
Marshall “Y0 SCUBA” Krupp
Laguna Sea Dwellers, Member

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom