Atom2 thinks it's on a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adjuster-jd

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am on a trip to Roatan with a friend whose Atom2 thinks it is on a dive while on the surface.
We did a dive this morning, then back at the dock, he looked at his computer and it was showing that it was on a dive to 66 feet. It shows that it is using Gas3, but no transmitter pressure is showing.
Since it's been on this "dive" for the last 2 hours it is well into deco and now sitting here telling me it needs a deco stop at 20 feet for 17 minutes.
I can't do anything to reset it. Cannot get back to surface mode with any combination of buttons that I have tried.
Fortunately I am not doing additional dives today and loaned him my Atom2 computer to use.

Anyone have ideas on how to fix this?

Remove the battery - wait a minimum of 8 seconds - and replace. This will reset the computer, and hopefully, solve the problem. It's going to reset all previous dive data and tissue loading - please plan accordingly.

Should that not work, the only other solution is going to be to get it back to us. Please keep me posted -

Doug

removing the battery got it to reset. did a couple dives today and it seemed to be ok.
Not sure if I left the battery out long enough or not since we still had the dive data in the computer.
Any idea what would have caused that problem? The last dive data was recorded normally so whatever the problem was started after that...

Thanks for the quick help. Excellent service from Oceanic as aways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom