Atom 3.1 screen protector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johntclever

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My wife and I purchased our first dive computers a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love them but we have a question.

They came with screen protectors that we promptly put on...and after the first dive they disappeared.

We requested and received replacements and noticed they were smaller than the original and don't seem to have any adhesive side to them like the original in the box protectors.

Do I need to put some sort of tape or glue to keep them on the screen or was I perhaps sent the wrong ones?

Where they the ones with a brownish paper backing. I just received my atom and pealed the brown side off only to realize there was another thin clear film on the other side protecting the sticky adhesive.

The new ones don't have the brownish paper...we will take another look and see if we can find the thin adhesive

I only found it when i tried taking the screen protector off to try and get out a bubble. I guess you could say i have a little ocd when it comes to screen protectors. I have not dove with it yet so im hoping my screen protector does not come off like yours

Those thin screen protectors are meant to protect the screen when wearing as a watch. When diving the clear over guard should be installed it's function is to not only protect the computer and it's buttons but to make it easier to press the buttons and magnify the screen. As a additional service it keeps the thin film protector from going anywhere. Personally I rarely wear the computer as a watch. I tend to only do this on dive trips and leave the over guard installed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom