Atom 2 firmware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobnSan

Registered
Reaction score
I have just purchased an Atom 2 and I noticed that is has firmware version 3C. A friend has a new Atom 2 and it has firmware version 3E. Is there some reason I should be getting mine updated?

One thing I noticed is that, when in the NORM mode, my screen alternates between NORM and SEA. If I am reading the manual right this is what it should do. My friends, which has no dives on it, does not alternate. Is this due to the updated firmware?

We are heading to Roatan next month and I am really looking forward to using it:D

I have just purchased an Atom 2 and I noticed that is has firmware version 3C. A friend has a new Atom 2 and it has firmware version 3E. Is there some reason I should be getting mine updated?

One thing I noticed is that, when in the NORM mode, my screen alternates between NORM and SEA. If I am reading the manual right this is what it should do. My friends, which has no dives on it, does not alternate. Is this due to the updated firmware?

We are heading to Roatan next month and I am really looking forward to using it:D

You'll love the Atom 2 - good computer - mine has 3D, but I wouldn't get overly concererned about updates - when you take it in for annual warranty check your dive shop should be able to do the latest update at that time. The "Sea" that you see is just saying it is sensing Sea Level pressure which is normal if you are indeed at Sea level. :D

I guess if you really wanted to do the update before you go just check with your Oceanic licensed dive shop - they should be able to do it, but I wouldn't worry about it - I am sure there are a lot of Atoms out there running on earlier versions than yours right now.

My Atom 2 is on FW 3C. You're fine. Your friend's Atom was likely manufactured later than yours and the newer firmware has some tweaks that 3C doesn't.

Firmware on dive computers isn't like the firmware in computer equipment. You don't need to worry about keeping it up to date unless there's an issue, and Oceanic will let you know when there is one.

CoCoView?

We are staying next door at Fantasy Island.

You're going to have a great time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom