Atom 2.0 Red Light and Alarm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yupito

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I brought my Atom 2.0 on a business trip to NZ hoping to get some diving done. The day i landed i went for a swim in the hotel's pool, and after that my Atom 2.0 went dead. I put it away for a couple of days and now I noticed that there is a dome in the left side of the watch that has lighted in red (never seen that before) and the watch is giving out a slow volume continuous alarm that i am unable to stop.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? The battery was replaced recently by an authorized dealer and been diving a few times since with no issues.

I recently had my Atom2 die on me. I replaced the battery myself just before a trip, during the trip i logged 24 dives with no problem. When i returned home i went for a dive the next weekend and noticed the screen fogging up. When i took the watch off i saw bubbles coming out of the battery cover. I opened it and found the battery rusted out and oozing goo into the bare inards of my precious computer. Shortly there after it permanently died. I know that i replaced the battery correctly, including the incredibly thin o-ring. I was VERY careful. purchased the Atom from leisure pro so no warranty support. I'm still pretty upset about spending almost 700 bucks for the computer and transmitter and having it last a total of 42 dives. Hope your situation turns out better than mine

LeisurePro is a Oceanic authorized reseller so you should be able to get warranty support either through LP or directly from Oceanic.

I see that you are indeed correct. I am 99% sure that they were not an authorized dealer when i bought the watch, but at anyrate i was told by the oceanic dealer i went to to try and repair the Atom that i would have no warranty because i bought it from leisure pro.

That goes to show you another case of a LDS bad mouthing a online dealer.
If it is truly out of warranty Oceanic directly is still your best course. I had a Atom 1.0 that was out of warranty and called for repair service. I was told I could have my choice of having my Atom repaired or it exchanged for a new Atom 2.0 w/ a new warranty for the same price of $150.
If your's is under warranty I'm sure they'll fix it for nothing more than shipping costs. Otherwise take the opportunity to upgrade to the new version and get a new warranty for $150.

I brought my Atom 2.0 on a business trip to NZ hoping to get some diving done. The day i landed i went for a swim in the hotel's pool, and after that my Atom 2.0 went dead. I put it away for a couple of days and now I noticed that there is a dome in the left side of the watch that has lighted in red (never seen that before) and the watch is giving out a slow volume continuous alarm that i am unable to stop.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? The battery was replaced recently by an authorized dealer and been diving a few times since with no issues.
Just because the battery was replaced by an authorized dealer doesn't mean that a mistake wasn't made. We're all human and it happens. My advice is to follow the instructions in the owner's manual for removing the battery so you can check to see if the battery compartment flooded. It may take a few dives before a flooded compartment causes the battery or the connections to corrode and cause problems (I'm speaking from experience here).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom