Atom 2.0 - Problems with PC interface, any ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ktomlinson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got back tonight from my first dive trip with my new Oceanic Atom 2.0 . My wife and I got two of them a few weeks ago and have went diving 3 or 4 times locally with them. After I got used to using the Oceanlog software (UI could be a lot better, but it does the necessary componenets of a dive log program) I was able to download the local dives with no trouble. Back to the trouble at hand... We left Wednesday and went diving in Venice, FL and Key Largo, FL. When we got home tonight we wanted to download our dive profiles and check them out but ran into some trouble.
My atom displayed WET the first few times I hooked up the data cable, but eventually it read PC and started the countdown from 120. After clicking the button to download the dives, the program quickly (less than a second) says 'Retrieving PDC Settings COMPLETED' and a window pops up telling me to 'Unclip the interface from the PDC and click 'OK' to continue.' All segments of the PDC's display are displayed. I can flip through the log and look at my dives so I know they are on the PDC. I have cleaned the contacts with a dry Qtip, tried two different download cables, and tried downloading on two different PCs, so it has to be my PDC...is there any way to get the dives off of this computer and fix this problem without sending it in?

OK my wifes issue is that she downloaded her dives but on the main dive information screen the starting tank pressure of one of her dives is 0 but the program shows the correct end tank pressure. When she told me about it I advised her to check the dive profile information for that dive and just manually enter the start tank pressure in the main screen (for purposes of figuring air consumption). When she checked the dive profile of that dive it shows 0 for all tank pressure readings, even though the end pressure reading is displayed on the main dive information screen. Her PDC never lost a link underwater by the way.

Anyone have any ideas on a fix for either of these issues?

Last edited:
UPDATE: Called Oceanic today and they were able to fix the problems! I was going to the wrong screen inside of the dive log program to download my dives, so that was user error. The wifes problem wasn't fixable, the data is gone for that one dive. The tech was really helpful in his explanation and said that the memory that stores the dive profile information (which is a separate chip than the dive log on the PDC) is sensitive to radio frequencies and that it could have had interference from something like a cell phone. Probably just an anomaly though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom