Atom 2.0 problems following battery change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markmantei

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an Atom 2.0 that has been working flawlessly until I needed to have the battery changed. It worked fine until the first dive with the new battery. After that, when in surface mode, it switches between max depth (dive logs show average depth of 330ft) and normal surface mode (albeit in violation due to the previous "dry" dive to 330ft), and sometimes displays A-D on the screen. Pulling the battery will clear the violation, and the unit appear ok in watch mode. If you put it back into surface mode it will again go to max depth. I pulled the battery and did 3 more dives (I have backup analog gauges) allowing the wet activation to put the computer into dive mode and all pressure readings were normal (depth matched my analog gauges exactly). All dives were altitude dives (battery was also changed at altitude).

To me this seams to be an issue with the atlitude sensor (is this seperate from the pressure (depth) sensor?

Is it possible that a bad battery could cause this, should I try a different battery (battery was changed @ my oceanic dealer)?

Thanks for the help!

Give Oceanic a call. I have heard of these kind of problems before with the Atom 2.0. Call Oceanic they should fix it no problem

Batteries cause a myriad of odd problems.

Try changing the battery to a Sony or Panasonic CR battery. They seem to work best in Oceanic PDCs.

Back
Top Bottom