Atom 2.0 problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jd950

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My son and I just got back from a week in Cozumel. His Atom was stuck on "EL 2" the whole time, which created some issues with the tissue loading graph. We managed to avoid "bending" the Atom, so everything worked out, but we have another trip planned in several weeks and would like to resolve this and take the computer.

Before I send it in for warranty work and risk not having it back in time for the next trip, does anyone know if there is any way for a user to fix this? I am guessing there is not, and since we live at altitude (EL3 or 4 I think) there is no way for me to know for sure if it will correctly show sea level before leaving home, but before shipping it off I thought I would check.

Call Mark at Oceanic service. This isn't user-repairable, but I believe there is a newer version of the firmware that resolves the issue. It hasn't been released to the public, I think it's something they're doing on a case-by-case basis.

Back
Top Bottom