Atom 2.0 Battery vs Pro Plus 2 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fppf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Doug
First, I love the fact that there is a factory Rep to answer questions on an almost daily base.

I just changed the battery in our Atom's. My wife and I also have 2 Pro Plus 2's. When I did our Pro Plus 2's it looks like you where able to isolate the battery compartment from the rest of the computer. Thus, if you screw up and the battery floods, it does not kill the computer. Correct me if I'm wrong, it just looks that way.

With the Atom, the battery door seals the whole thing. Now you guys did a totally awesome job stuffing 20 lbs of potatoes in a 1 pound sack. Is there a way on future designs to maintain that isolation?

I'm very careful with orings (aerospace background) and I have never had a problem. But coming from aerospace we always like some kind of safety net if you know what I mean.

Once again, thank you from a very happy customer, and keep pushing the edge.

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom