atmospheric pressure in log (Predator/desktop)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agility

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Please help me find this piece of information:

When diving at altitude knowledge of the barometric pressure is important for dive planning. The actual pressure can be displayed on the Predator during surface interval and the pressure at start of dive is logged (because I can find it in the XML export file) but I cannot find a way to display it in the log either on the Predator (FW V56) nor the Shearwater desktop, where is it hidden?
Thank you

Hi Agility,

My name is Mark and I'm a software developer with Shearwater Research. In the current version of Shearwater Desktop you can only find the pressure measured while diving, not during the surface interval. Of course you can find this information out from the XML as you mentioned, but not directly from the user interface. You can find the current pressure on the Predator while on the surface by tapping the right menu a few times.

One related setting that you may be interested in is the altitude setting in the Display Setup on your Predator. You can choose between using the current pressure (auto) and a preset sealevel pressure (sea lvl).

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark Lee

Thank you, Mark.
Tyler PM'd me and told me he would forward my question to the desktop developers. In addition he wrote that there was no more memory available in the predator for gimmicks like the one I requested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom