Atmos ai and XT questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LaCroix42

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I recently flew back from vacation and had to do so prior to a full 24 hour deco cycle, so the time to fly function was running on my ai. I tried to get the battery out to power it down and was unable to do so. Should I be looking for any sorts of problems with the computer the next time? Do I need to get it static tested before diving it in the future? I figured I'd dive with an analog console and compare the two readings to insure it's good, but I thought I'd check here too.

Regarding the XT BCD, one of the problems I ran into on my trip was that the BCD was a bit tight in my carry-on back due to the back plate. I pulled the back pad off of the plate today and saw four screws that appear to go through to the tank mount. Is it possible/safe to remove this for travel or storage? And by safe, I mean am I going to risk losing a washer or nut if I do (and a corollary to that, is it going to be a frustration inducing event to put the plate and tank mount back on to the BCD)?

Thanks.

I recently flew back from vacation and had to do so prior to a full 24 hour deco cycle, so the time to fly function was running on my AI. I tried to get the battery out to power it down and was unable to do so. Should I be looking for any sorts of problems with the computer the next time? Do I need to get it static tested before diving it in the future? I figured I'd dive with an analog console and compare the two readings to insure it's good, but I thought I'd check here too.

Regarding the XT BCD, one of the problems I ran into on my trip was that the BCD was a bit tight in my carry-on back due to the back plate. I pulled the back pad off of the plate today and saw four screws that appear to go through to the tank mount. Is it possible/safe to remove this for travel or storage? And by safe, I mean am I going to risk losing a washer or nut if I do (and a corollary to that, is it going to be a frustration inducing event to put the plate and tank mount back on to the BCD)?

Thanks.

What size is your ATMOS XT and what size is your carry-on bag?

I use a rolling carry-on bag and my ATMOS XT fits into it with no problems.
I also put my regulator, prescription mask, snorkel, Aeris ATMOS AI dive computer and other miscellaneous items into that same bag.

Was the ATMOS AI placed into your carry-on bag or was it put into the checked luggage that get put into the belly of plane?

If you had the Aeris ATMOS AI in your carry-on luggage I cannot picture there being any problems. The plane's passenger cabin is pressurized between 2,000 to 8,000 feet of elevation regardless of the plane's actual cruising altitude. The Aeris ATMOS AI dive computer is designed to be used for diving at elevations up to 14,000 feet (see page 99 of your ATMOS AI owner's manual).

Why did you want to remove the battery? The ATMOS AI will automatically shut off after the 24-hour period expires.

Last edited:
What size is your ATMOS XT and what size is your carry-on bag?

I use a rolling carry-on bag and my ATMOS XT fits into it with no problems.
I also put my regulator, prescription mask, snorkel, Aeris ATMOS AI dive computer and other miscellaneous items into that same bag.

It's a small rolling carry on. When I measured it, it was about two inches smaller than the maximum length, and width allowed by Continental. It was the maximum height.

Was the ATMOS AI placed into your carry-on bag or was it put into the checked luggage that get put into the belly of plane?

If you had the Aeris ATMOS AI in your carry-on luggage I cannot picture there being any problems. The plane's passenger cabin is pressurized between 2,000 to 8,000 feet of elevation regardless of the plane's actual cruising altitude. The Aeris ATMOS AI dive computer is designed to be used for diving at elevations up to 14,000 feet (see page 99 of your ATMOS AI owner's manual).

Why did you want to remove the battery? The ATMOS AI will automatically shut off after the 24-hour period expires.

It was in the carry on in cabin. I'm asking, and wanted to yank the battery, becuase prior to my trip Aeris support mentioned that it could screw up the depth measurement functionality of the ai. I meant to yank the battery before getting to the airport, and spaced it trying to get everything packed.

It's a small rolling carry on. When I measured it, it was about two inches smaller than the maximum length, and width allowed by Continental. It was the maximum height.

It was in the carry on in cabin. I'm asking, and wanted to yank the battery, becuase prior to my trip Aeris support mentioned that it could screw up the depth measurement functionality of the ai. I meant to yank the battery before getting to the airport, and spaced it trying to get everything packed.

I have had mone for over 4 years and the only time I took the battery out was whn it needed to be replaced.

I always carry it on with me when flying. The depth readings appear to be consistent with other people that I dive with.

I believe my rolling carry-on is the maximum carry-on dimensions.

Back
Top Bottom