Atlanta Seaquarium?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stairman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was watching Georgia Traveler last night and they let divers go into the aquarium, but they all had gear provided and all the tanks were mounted crossways across the chest. Ive never seen that before and was wondering why they were that way. I did notice the harnesses was Zeagle.

Yes the gear is provided for you . When you dive the Aquarium you use reg. scuba gear and set up . I did not see that episode . but I have been volunteering at the Aquarium for 2 year . I think what you where seeing was snorkalers they provide that style and the standerd snorkle . You should come up and give it a dive

Last edited:
I didn't see the episode, so can't be certain, but if I had to guess I'd say they are using the Zeagle Rapid Diver System.

Since they aren't going very deep and are only in the water a short time the 20cu. ft. bottle would be sufficient. These systems make it a lot easier for the aquarium staff to maintain and keep a handle on the gear when working with a group of guests they are unfamilliar with.

Thats exactly what they were useing. Ive never seen them before. When I made that comment while watching, my daughter said" thought you knew it all didnt you", so now I guess I do.

Is this what you saw? If so, yes, it was the Zeagle Rapid Diver system.

26932_1164307167844_1832824616_312274_5814749_n.jpg

26932_1164301407700_1832824616_312256_5508329_n.jpg

Pretty cool since you can also run a standard tank on the back. Probably easy to trim out in as well.

And how do you come to those conclusions?

Um...because he's right?

Tank Band Mount p/n 8029R The same Band Assembly that mounts the tank in front of the Rapid-
Diver can be installed in the backplate to hold a fully redundant rear-mounted tank and regulator.

Joyce, couldn't you have found a better model? :rofl3:

Joyce, couldn't you have found a better model? :rofl3:

Sorry, but those were the only pics I had. This was from last spring's MegaDive up at Ginnie Springs. The lovely ladies are the daughters of Scuba_Jenny and Moose. The BIG guy, need I say more?

It's called the Georgia Aquarium, not the Atlanta Seaquarium.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom