Atami dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nori1841

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have dove in Atami today for the first time in almost two years. Eleven divers participated in JUE and most divers were taking some courses e.g. AI,DM,Advance etc,, except me.

Unfortunately it rained all day and a little chilly outside 19 degrees but water temperature was 24 degrees. An average visibility was 10m or more hence not bad.:blinking:
I dived Chinsen(wreck)-front half , Bitagane and Chinsen-full. As you know there are many colorful soft corals attached on Chinsen and schools inside of the ship. Everyone can enter inner side of the ship.

And some intentional problems were made underwater to candidates for DM by Thomas.  I don't know results of the exam. :wink:

P.S.; It's best season in Izu peninsula from autumn to winter because the water temp. are still warm and viz is good.

Thanks for joining Nori! Eriko and I had lots of fun - despite the rain. Chinsen fall apart when directly hit during Taifu #9 and not much left.

This was one training session for the DMs/AIs and everyone is doing great. Not finished yet though!

Thomas

Yes, the weather was terrible and very very cold. But in the water it was so nice!!!! I really did not want to get back on the boat!

On our first Chinsen dive I became confused "huh, I don't remember this!" as it looked so different after the typhoon damage. Amazing what nature can do.

good weekend! Good fun!

Attachments

• atami 9-30px.jpg
    atami 9-30px.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 65
It starts to look like an aircraft carrier! I would not go inside anymore :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom