At Last!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhotoTJ

Contributor
Reaction score
Malibu, CA is where I spend most of my dive time.
# of dives
I just don't log dives
After hemming, hawing, shopping, and shipping, I have a digital camera! I went with the Canon A80, and the Canon WP-DC900 housing. So far, so good!

(I took this Horn Sharks pic at 10:00 pm, 1 April 2004, just off Malibu pier.)

PhotoTJ:
After hemming, hawing, shopping, and shipping, I have a digital camera! I went with the Canon A80, and the Canon WP-DC900 housing. So far, so good!

(I took this Horn Sharks pic at 10:00 pm, 1 April 2004, just off Malibu pier.)

Fabulous! I love my Canon A70 and the Canon A20 before that - even tho I have now changed to the Oly 5050 - I think the Canon systems give great results!

Keep showing us what you are shooting!

That's a cutie! Did you get any other good shots?

Yay, TJ! I will be looking forward to seeing lots of your work here now (hint, hint)!

All the pictures of the A80 I've seen show the LCD screen swung off to the left side of the camera. I'm assuming that it can viewed as well flipped around and lying flush with the camera body?

Earlier A models didn't have the LCD flip out feature.

Marc

FLL Diver:
All the pictures of the A80 I've seen show the LCD screen swung off to the left side of the camera. I'm assuming that it can viewed as well flipped around and lying flush with the camera body?

Yes, it tucks into a recess in the back. You can store it flipped over, to save batteries. (But the optical viewfinder is blocked when in the housing, so...)

justleesa, that is the only shot worth posting, for now. I have a lobster, and a halibut's eyes, but they are not sharp enough to post.

And now we have round two. A few that I took at Big Rock on Saturday. Viz was 8-12, with moderate-heavy surge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom