Assembling doubles with oms manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster1

Reaction score
I will later this week be assembling an oms isolation manifold on twin 80's. I think the oms manifold is assembled on doubles a liitle different then other manifolds. Anyone here ever do an oms manifold and doubles set up??

Rooster1 once bubbled...
I will later this week be assembling an oms isolation manifold on twin 80's. I think the oms manifold is assembled on doubles a liitle different then other manifolds. Anyone here ever do an oms manifold and doubles set up??

UH, yeah, dude... WHy do you think its different??? They are much easier to set up than others with barrel style center piece... Just put both valves in the two cylinders, leaving the center piece separate. Then start the center piece on both tanks, and snug the threads up. Then put the bands on. Tighten bolts on bands when tanks are laying down to assure tanks being in the same plane when tightened. Make sure the center piece is tight. Otherwise, it may leak. Good Luck. Its not that tough...
Just remember one thing: righty tighty, lefty loosy.

trymixdiver once bubbled...
The boots on my tanks screwed up the alignent a bit, perfect excuse to dump the boots :) Other than that i see no difference.

Andy

This reminds me: take the boots OFF before you assemble the cylinders...

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...

UH, yeah, dude... WHy do you think its different??? They are much easier to set up than others with barrel style center piece... Just put both valves in the two cylinders, leaving the center piece separate. Then start the center piece on both tanks, and snug the threads up. Then put the bands on. Tighten bolts on bands when tanks are laying down to assure tanks being in the same plane when tightened. Make sure the center piece is tight. Otherwise, it may leak. Good Luck. Its not that tough...
Just remember one thing: righty tighty, lefty loosy.

Thanks. The reason I ask is because I know the oms manifold can acommodate 6.9-8" tanks and since oms uses the "captured oring system" I wasn't sure if the inside of the isolator would have to be adjusted so that the oring on each valve sits snug against the isolator because I would think the difference between the 6.9" to 8 " diameter in tank will change the distance in the isolator connection and might change how the oring sits against the isolator

Diameter on the cylinder may change, but manifold does not change in any way. Thats why bands are so important. The distance between the cylinders will be determined by the manifold, and then the bands are specific to the cylinder and manifold to hold them both together correctly...

No adjustment needed on the OMS manifold...

GOod Luck...

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
Diameter on the cylinder may change, but manifold does not change in any way. Thats why bands are so important. The distance between the cylinders will be determined by the manifold, and then the bands are specific to the cylinder and manifold to hold them both together correctly...

No adjustment needed on the OMS manifold...

GOod Luck...
Thanks a million. I had put them on yesterday and couldn't believe how easy it was to do the oms. I don't think there is an easier manifold to set up:)

well thermo is a bizach, i can tell you that. if i ever get them back together i swear i'll never take them apart again

Back
Top Bottom