As an unofficial Invadee, How do I find the Invaders??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cougar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am not officially an invader since I happened to be here anyway and $$$ is a bit tight so I can't dive off a boat every day (doesn't limit my shore diving)

It's Thursday night and I know the invasion is soon. As a non-official invader how and where can I meet up with some of the wonderful folks I talk with on the board??? I recall seeing a list earlier of names and where people were staying. One...I can't find it again. Two...even if I could...since I don't know anyone by their real name, it wouldn't help. Is there a secret handshake or a surreptitious ScubaBoard wink? I'd like to meet some of the folk who have made diving such a pleasure around the world.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread moved...

Maybe now they'll find YOU! :)

I am not officially an invader since I happened to be here anyway and $$$ is a bit tight so I can't dive off a boat every day (doesn't limit my shore diving)

It's Thursday night and I know the invasion is soon. As a non-official invader how and where can I meet up with some of the wonderful folks I talk with on the board??? I recall seeing a list earlier of names and where people were staying. One...I can't find it again. Two...even if I could...since I don't know anyone by their real name, it wouldn't help. Is there a secret handshake or a surreptitious ScubaBoard wink? I'd like to meet some of the folk who have made diving such a pleasure around the world.

OFFICIAL RESPONSE

Joining the dinner or cocktail party's is not possible sorry, this is a private event for the Invasion Crew only.

Dive Paradise website does not offer shore diving, I believe you must be a guest at the hotel to shore dive from their beach.

I do hope other members on the board understand this was a package deal. I cannot tell you how many folks want to UN-OFFICIALLY JOIN now that the event is here. I am sorry if this is not the answer you are looking for but there is no other way to handle an event of this size.

I would like to point out this event was open for all members and friends to join for over 6 months.

Dear Cardzard...I think you misunderstood my query. I have no thought or intention of crashing a private party. I saw the schedule and I know exactly where they are, but that would be beyond rude. I had neither the time nor money to be an official part of the invasion, but I thought it would be fun to meet some of the ScubaBoard people. Surely there must be times when some members of ScubaBoard are wondering about town, or doing a shore dive at Paradise, or any of a million possibilities that do not include horning in on official events. I just assumed if so many ScubaBoard people were here, it might be possible to meet some somewhere. I am very fond of the ScubaBoard. It has brought me much pleasure over the years. Your response sounds as though you expect me to disguise myself and try and crash the cocktail party. No worries, mate.

I've not even looked at the schedules as I'm not going, or in a situation to be going, but if the shedules have a morning trip and an afternoon trip with a return to base for lunch, try posting a thread like:

UNOFFICIAL HOB_NOB

I notice the boats go out X:XXAM and come in at X:XXPM before going out again for afternoon dives at X:XXPM.
If anyone wants to meet for a cuppa and a chat after lunch and before the boats leave again, I will be at Cafe YYYYYYY at YYPM, giving us YY minutes to chat before the boats leave.

I am a {insert description} and will be wearing {insert something Identifying like a carnation on the left suit lapel}.

Looking forward to meeting other Scubaboarders

That makes it obvious it's unofficial, what you look like, where you are and sets you up as a perfect target for obsessive insane stalkers... Not that I'm accusing the invaders you know... :p

Im sure there will be many that will be eating out on the town in the evenings and more then happy to hang then..... this being my 1st coz trip I just dont know where...

Cougar maybe we should start are on scubaboard invasion,I really don't like to get involved with anything to structured.Nice informal gatherings and dinners would be great and alot of fun.I will be there the 14 thru 23rd,staying at Bahia.

Yeah, maybe those that know the island and where to go, can let us Invaders know where you will be as suggested by Kiwi. Would love to meet more SBrs.. cause 85 new faces (have met a few already) just aint enough! :rofl3: :rofl3: Party on!

I would imagine many of us will be wearing our SCUBAboard Invasion T shirts through out the week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom