aruba diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justadyver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
may go to aruba in april. how does the diving compare to bonaire?
do you know a good dive operation?
thanks for any help.

Red Sail Sports out of the Hyatt is who I dove with down there and it was good, but not anywhere near as good as Bonaire. Bonaire is the shore diving capital of the world IMO with close to shore reefs with almost no current. Aruba is windy most of the time and getting back on the dive boat there can be a challenge. They sunk a DC3 that you can dive on, I think the site was called Renaissance? The island of Aruba is great though, with lots to do so I'm glad I've been there a couple of times. Try taking a wind surfing class at the Marriot, that's fun if you've never done it and if I remember right, they only wanted $50 and they let me use the board for about 2 hours after the class for nothing. I did pretty good for an old guy. heh, heh

I am in the minority here, but I've been to Bonaire once and won't be rushing back and have been to Aruba 5 times (7 weeks). Aruba is mostly wreck diving and there isn't really any shore diving to speak of. Red Sail is a cattle boat op. that caters to the cruise ship's. I always dive with Romeo at Native Divers. He has a 32' Sea-ray and only takes out 6 or 7 divers at a time. I haven't dove with him but Dive Aruba is another very good small dive operator.

Here is some of the dive sites. Aruba - Diving

ontwreckdiver,
I have a question or two about Native Divers, if you don't mind. Where, in Aruba, is it located? Also, is there a secure place to store gear between dive days? Or do you have to drag it back to your room everyday. We own a timeshare at Divi Village, but have only used it once and then didn't dive that time. If you know where Divi Village is, what is the proximity to Native Divers?
TIA,
mainer04270

Native Divers is located on Palm beach in front of the Marriott Surf Club. It is the last hotel at the north end of the high rise section. They don't have gear lockers, but I don't think any of the dive op's in Aruba provide them? Let me know if want any more info.

Many thanks for the info. Appreciate it, and because of your recommendation, I have already been in touch with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom