Aruba-bound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wijbrandus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading back to Aruba for my third time there. I leave in two weeks. Made the final arrangements today. Always an exciting time when everything is set up and the checks are in the mail.

My wife and I will be there from the 2nd to the 11th of June. We will be diving with Clive from DiveAruba from the 5th to the 10th, in case anyone else happens to have similar arrangements. Would be nice to have some other ScubaBoarders on the dive boat.

This will be the first time we actually stayed on the island. The other two times were cruise ship visits. Too short! I love the place, and my father and uncle were born in the ABCs so I've got a great connection there.

Just had to put in a post to liven the place up and let everyone know. I'll post a report when I get back.

Wijbrandus,

I will be in Aruba on June 3-10. Will be diving with Clive also. I will be doing some night shore diving also. Would love to hook up with you to do some diving.

Will be my first time on the island also. Can't wait. See ya there.

Charles

Charles,

You'll like Clive I think. He's very mellow, lets you do your thing, or you can follow the leader. He doesn't restrict your bottom time, but says something like, "This dive is to 70 feet, so your NDL is 35 minutes or to the limit of your computer." He shows you where the wreck is, and then he swims around it, or through it, and you can follow or not.

One thing about his boat - there is no shade. It's also really sunny there. Bring a hat. :) You set up your gear at the back, sit in the front, and when it's time to dive in, you suit up one at a time on the fantail, and jump in. Everyone hangs out by the descent line until everyone is in, and then you drop as a group. Returning is on your own, but he returns usually with whomever runs out first, and then hangs out on the boat to help people back on board.

I don't think we'll have much time for shore diving. We are doing the morning and afternoon dives with Clive, and then a night dive as well. It's my wife's birthday that week, and she really wants to see the island this trip. So I don't think any shore dives are in the cards for us this time.

You can also try Romeo form Native Divers he has a nicer boat and only takes 6 or 7 at a time. He is a great guy knows the area since he has lived there all his life. You can pick where you want to go if everyone consents.

Howdy...

I'm in Aruba from June 1 - 6 for a wedding. Going to try to weave some dives around scheuduled events. Looks like I'm free Friday & Saturday AM and all day on Monday 6/5. Since I'll be staying right at the Marriott, I'll probably try to use Red Sail, ('cause I'll have to shower and change real quickly when I get back.)

Except on Monday when I'll have no commitments. If anyone needs/wants another buddy or has a good spot to go, just PM me on here. I've got about 50 dives, (none below 120'), PADI Rescue & EMT certs.

Thanks,
Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom