Article: Win a Plate, Send a Soldier Diving With SUDS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A slight bit of ambiguity here. Can definitely see ITALIA and assuming it is the ship it came off of, but is it a wreck, sunk by U boats, what? "I have not succeeded in answering all of your questions. The answers I have found only serve to raise a whole set of new questions. In some ways I feel I am as confused as ever, but I believe I am confused on a higher level and about more important things."

If you go to the website to purchase tickets, you will find more information. " The Andrea Doria was the flagship of the Italia Line and a source of Italian national pride post World War II. On July 25, 1956, bound for New York City, the Andrea Doria collided with the eastward-bound Stockholm becoming one of history's most famous maritime disasters. Today the Andrea Doria lies at the bottom of the Atlantic in approximately 250 feet of water, 60 miles south of Nantucket Island, Massachusetts. It has dramatically deteriorated since it first went to the bottom. The plate will have an accompanying certificate of authenticity to certify that the artifact described herein was recovered by John Chatterton from the wreck of the Andrea Doria."
I hope this gives you more information and more interest in helping SUDS and the Academy of Scuba in it's fund raising efforts for the extraordinary veterans and servicemember's SUDS helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom