Article: Keldan Luna 4 Video Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very timely. I am getting new video lighting. I am debating between these and the SOLA 4000. Can you offer any comparison between the two?

Keldan advantage: can swap out batteries if necessary.

Sola advantage: a little less expensive (especially of you get the two-light kit).

Can you give any thoughts as to their relative performance?

Thanks for taking the time to share this.

While I have not used the Solas, I know many who have. Many have complained that the Solas do not burn as long as L & M claim. I also do not like that you can not switch out batteries. Eventually all batteries die and you would have to send the light back. I have used both the Keldan 4's and 8's and, while not inexpensive, their build quality is exceptional and one charge will get me through an entire day's diving of usually 4-5 dives. The Solas are smaller and easier to pack than the 8s but the Keldan 4's are almost as small and, again, their batteries are easily switched and charged. Additionally, with the Keldans you always know how much charge you have left. I do not know if that is so with the Solas. -Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom