Article: Anatomy of a 17th Century Shipwreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John, ifeel for you. I dove off Sebastian Florida for 15 years on the 1715 treasure fleet. We found a little, have had great friendships, bad and good weather, and ate a lot of cheap food. I'v never been to the DR but would love to dive the caves and do some treasure diving. Loved your story. Good luck.

Nice article. Having hundreds and hundreds of shallow treasure diving dives in rough surf I can empathize with the author. It seems that after you become proficient diving we all look for something to do beside look at fish. Some go into teaching, some to photography, others to salvage or cave diving. But in my opinion treasure hunting is one of the best underwater tasks a diver can have. "It's a pirate’s life for me!"

Great story, Wonderful pictures ... looking forward to more

Thanks for the kind words!

I'm hoping that I can bring you more photos from our other adventures too!

That sure beats working for a living!

I picked up the Wreck Diving magazine last week and fell in love with the idea of diving again. I don't have a boat or gear yet, but, dang, what fun dreaming. This site is great motivation. Great article.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom