arriving in Belize on cruise and hope to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bonesaw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I know we all want to avoid the cruise ships but this time I am one of "those guys" my question is that I have been to coz, bonaire, but have no idea about the diving in belize. Help? buying the dive thru NCL ship any info would be helpful.:D

I should check whether your ship will actually come to Belize. Many of them have struck Belize off their list of stops.

Carnival has cancelled calls by three ships that were scheduled to arrive,
NCL is Norwegian Caribbean Lines...

True, the article says Carnival and the guy is sailing on NCL.

If the ship uses Hugh Parkey's then take the ship. They pick you up at the ship and drop you back off. Typically they go to Turn and do some real nice dives. I really liked them this summer when I was on the Valor. I'd definitely use them again!

Don

bonesaw on which of the NCLs are you coming in? We service all of them but the Spirit has a late departure to Turneffe. We have cold fronts coming through in February but the water is still in the low 80s and don't expect it to drop below 78. Bring a towel to dry off and dry clothes for after the dive. I was out on Thursday, had to go to the East side due to northerly winds but I did my dives in shorts and a rash guard. Water was warm. As mentioned by somebody before we pick up and drop off at the ship avoiding the need for tenders.

I know we all want to avoid the cruise ships but this time I am one of "those guys" my question is that I have been to coz, bonaire, but have no idea about the diving in belize. Help? buying the dive thru NCL ship any info would be helpful.:D

When are you going? I will be on the NCL sun 2/19 and I'm trying to get a group together dive.

Back
Top Bottom