Arrest warrant for dive instructor over Nordstream pipeline sabotage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kay Dee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
"Germany has issued a European arrest warrant against a Ukrainian diving instructor who allegedly was part of a team that blew up the Nord Stream gas pipelines, according to a report by three German media outlets published on Wednesday."

Interesting development.

Because this is in LE channels (vice BND), additional insight is likely to trickle out over the next few months and years rather than decades (as long as the integrity of the investigation and opportunity for additional arrest aren’t compromised).

Not the nationality I thought would be responsible 😬🤭

Not the nationality I thought would be responsible 😬🤭
Not only that, although his full name has not (yet) been released, it is supposedly one Volodymyr Z. Gee, surely he could have picked a better alias! :whisper:

The UKR divers were very likely just the emplacers and not the sponsors nor the explosive technicians. They probably were part of the detonation chain in as much as activating a timing device. I’m curious what the sponsor’s payment to the three divers was. This wasn’t a cheap €5,000 job considering the strategic ramifications.

Back
Top Bottom