Armor bag fell apart in less than 5 dive trips!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NewbieScubyDoo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
DSC08834.jpgDSC08840.jpgDSC08839.jpg

I spent around 100.00 for this Armor bag, and in LESS than 5 dive trips, it ripped and torn like a cheap ragdoll.

Here is the kicker...

As the area around the handles ripped as I was on a dive boat, I had to use a old, spare 10.00 dive bag, and I been using it ever since with NO problem.

Could had saved 90.00!

"Armor" is the wrong choice to name this brand of bag. Maybe, "Gotcha" is more like it.

The rips at the end of bag still stump me, as I have no sharp objects in this bag.

Could not be more disappointed in this brand.

I have no iron in this fire.
I am not in the business of bags, I do not have a friend that works for Armor, I do not own stock in Armor, unless a few shares are buried within my mutual fund.
I would however like to know, did you attempt to return it to an Armor Bag Dealer?
I have only a weight bag from them, and I won it in a charity raffle at my LDS several years ago.
It has served me well for 3+ years.
If you bought this bag 15 years ago, well that's a good life spell even for mil spec kevlar bags that might ordinarily live in your closet unused.
If you bought it 6 months, weeks, or days ago, I think Armor will stand behind a replacement.
Even Ferrari and Mercedes have issues once in a while.

Chug
Has a "Dura Bags" dive bag from 1986, and replacement is imminent.

Cuts in ends of bag may well be from airplane. By this I mean, all of my bags get pretty trashed from the puddle jumper flights from mainland to island.

You should contact Armor about it. Armor has never failed to replace or repair a bag (free of charge) regardless of warranty or not, and regardless of whether or not the airline or other carrier damaged the bag. Not sure how long ago this was posted, I don't get to check on here often, I encourage you to contact me. Dave

Dave,

I sent u a private message.

Thanks!

You should contact Armor about it. Armor has never failed to replace or repair a bag (free of charge) regardless of warranty or not, and regardless of whether or not the airline or other carrier damaged the bag. Not sure how long ago this was posted, I don't get to check on here often, I encourage you to contact me. Dave

UPDATE:

I contacted Dave and we are getting this resolved.

Will keep u updated but it seems like Armor quickly addresses any problems and prides itself on great customer service.

Impressive!

It takes a company that truly cares about their customer base when they take back their product, without a sales receipt, proof of purchase, or anything else.

Add to that, I needed the replacement dive bag in less than a weeks time.

I got my bag today. Two days before my dive trip!

Thank you Armor Bags!

you have completely won me over, and already eyeing a backpack with the small dry bag attached.

Companies like you are rare. It's a comfort to know you care abut your customers and will actually service your product long after the sale.

Thanks again!

Bags do get plenty of wear and tear. I dive every weekend from a boat and my old bag had several small rips (it was coated mesh, sturdy, another brand). The zipper started failing due to salt water even with rinsing after every dive. But I used it for close to 10 years. My second, and current bag is pretty sturdy but I will have to replace it someday too. My travel bag is made by Armor. It's gotten plenty of use to and loaned to several buddies. It's stood the test by all kinds of airport handlers. You must have gotten one made on a Monday.

Dave at Armor is one of the "Good Guys". I have VERY rarely heard anything negative about his products, and have never heard that they do not resolve customer complaints...
icosm14.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom