Armor All?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tonyc

Contributor
Reaction score
OK I'm still a newbie and thought I'd first run a question by you guys. What do you think of using armor all to clean your gear such as fins, hoses and plastic on regs?? Just curious, I really like using it to protect my truck from the blazing sun here in AZ.

Tony.

Dunno what it does to your gear, but you have to be cognizant of what it might do to the aquatic environment in which you are diving.

Silicone spray is a good alternative. I usually spray directly into the first and second stages. You can use it on the rest of your equipment if you are worried about the environmental effects of more common lubricants/protectors.

ArmorAll is generally a bad thing. It works by bringing the plasticizers to the surface and accelerates the demise of plastic and rubber parts.

It also makes things very slippery and this is rarely helpfull.

pipedope:
It also makes things very slippery and this is rarely helpfull.

But could be VERY funny if no one was injured. :eyebrow:

Sprinter:
Silicone spray is a good alternative. I usually spray directly into the first and second stages.

I'd have reservations doing this with a 2'nd stage that was going to be used for nitrox or pure O2. Silicon should be inert but.. it's the other stuff mixed with it that I'm not too sure about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom