Arm and tray ID help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmorg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
519A79EC-C763-4258-918C-32995856200F.jpeg
2F34F956-F20B-4D37-A46C-1565F0BBDFD8.jpeg
I bought this setup about 12 years ago from a quarry fleemarket. It has been sitting in my basement since then. I would like to get the correct tray to maybe use with a go pro. Does anyone know what brand / manufacturer it is by looking at it ? There are no identifying marks .
Also do you think it would be worthwhile to try to repurpose this for a GoPro.?
Thanks , I’m. Obviously new to this.

The screw in the middle of the tray is, no doubt, a standard size and will accommodate any GoPro housing. It's the same as any tripod would use.

The ball clamp at the end of the arm is compatible with any video light that uses a standard 1" ball mount.

I don't see any reason why you'd want to pay for another tray and arm system (unless you want longer arm sections).

Enjoy.

Not sure about the tray, but the handle looks like an Ultra Lite Camera System (ULCS) handle. The arms look like a mix of Ikelite and ULCS.

I see no reason why, with the right fitting, a GoPro and light would not work. You should be Good to Go with just a couple extra parts.

I have a very similar set-up in a drawer somewhere. Mine has 2 handles and was used for a GoPro set up with 2 lights. The blue grips are Serfas which I believe is a bike grip that ULCS has used in their tray design. It will work just fine for a Go Pro with one light. You can add an extension on the bottom if you want to add another light.

The standard tripod screw (1/4-20) on the bottom does not fit a GoPro, which has a different attachment method, invented by GoPro and now common among action cameras. Adapters are readily available, for example https://smile.amazon.com/Suptig-Adapter-Session-Cameras-cameras/dp/B071XVZKP1. They are so cheap it is hard to order just one! If you want to spend a little bit, you can get a metal one.

Back
Top Bottom