Ari Atoll, Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vicingi Maris 1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am planning to go to the Ari Atoll (possibly Rasdhoo) in July. Some advice or comments as regards resorts and the diving in general?

Thanks!

Johan

Rasdhu is great when we where there in 2004 and 2005, but some miles outside the Ari Atoll. The diving is good, good choice of sites- including some trips into the Ari Atoll. Look at my photos. The first 4 photos in my gallery were taken when we were on Rasdhu.

Sounds good. Nice pictures.
Did you stay at a resort? Maybe Kuramathi?

In the Rashdhoo Atoll there's not too much choice- we were on Kuramathi in 2004 and 2005. We loved it to bits. We did our AOW there. If Matt, Micha or Marcus are still there, they are great dive instuctors/guides. They were doing more building work- new dining room for example, but if the ethos is still the same, it's a great place to stay. Hope you enjoy it. I've just uploaded a photo of the the 3 suspects mentioned in this message to help you identify them should you encounter them!
All the best,

Jon

Attachments

• DSCF0581a.jpg
    DSCF0581a.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 63
i've just returned from a 2 week liveaboard in the Maldives. We spent c.50% of the trip in Ari Atoll - many good dives sites all across the Atoll.

As mentioned above, Rasdhoo is a separate Atoll very close to Ari (on the north east corner). It was stunning. Very interesting underwater topography & great marine life. Out in the blue we met scalloped hammerheads, mobulas & eagle rays, then back over the reef for the shallower end of the dive excellent coral & critters. 4 great dives onthe same site.

Rasdhoo is the best dive site i've seen in 6 trips to the Maldives.

A word of caution. i've always been in Jan/Feb. You are planning to go in the opposite season when the currents & wind are from the opposite direction. This has a significant impact on which dive sites are worth visiting. Perhaps someone knows if Rasdhoo is as good in the june/july season?

John

We were on a liveaboard in late Jan and spent a good part of the time diving sites around Ari Atoll. I agree on Rasdhoo, best place we dove. Some of my best dives ever actually. There was so much to see you didn't know which way to look sometimes. No idea about July unfortunately.

Which liveaboard did you do? Would you recommend it?

i plan to go back next year and am interested in any liveaboard recommendations

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom