Argon System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBFG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was thinking last night that I have not seen a sidemount diver that has a drysuit inflation system that is not one of their two primary tanks.
Can you do an Argon inflation system with sidemount? How and were would you mount it?

Depends on the system. One dude came up with a really slick little system for the xDeep Stealth that slots under the weight pocket on the back. It uses some bungee to secure the bottle to either side of the spine webbing. I've seen sidemount rebreather guys use it for O2, and saw a picture of a dude putting his can light there.

It's a clever little bracket, basically just a little strip of stainless ran through a press brake with a couple holes.

Argon- / Akku-Klammer für XDEEP – D°LUXE Dive Gear

I was thinking last night that I have not seen a sidemount diver that has a drysuit inflation system that is not one of their two primary tanks.
Can you do an Argon inflation system with sidemount? How and were would you mount it?
I believe the Halcyon Contour has provisions to mount it across the wing, like a canister light.

@JohnnyC that thing is slick! now if I just had a rig I could use it with....

@racanichou not a lot of OC trimix being done in sidemount, most everyone I know is doing it on rebreathers. If you're doing it on OC it's typically butt mounted like the canister lights or across the backplate if on something like a Halcyon Contour or SMS75/100 bit clunky looking, but it is what it is

Depends on the system. One dude came up with a really slick little system for the xDeep Stealth that slots under the weight pocket on the back. It uses some bungee to secure the bottle to either side of the spine webbing. I've seen sidemount rebreather guys use it for O2, and saw a picture of a dude putting his can light there.

It's a clever little bracket, basically just a little strip of stainless ran through a press brake with a couple holes.

Argon- / Akku-Klammer für XDEEP – D°LUXE Dive Gear

Beautifully elegant.

I've pnly had OW sidemount with argon for open water dives where restrictions didn't matter. Strapped it to my mix bottle like a spare air. Sort of a tiny stage bottle.

Even in restrictions, I doubt it would really cause a problem until you were in definite no-mount diving. And in that case, anything you have on you that’s inflexible could be an issue. At that point you’d probably be pulling it out of the bracket and shoving it through the hole same as your tanks.

Squirrely would be a pretty good descriptor for a situation like that....

@JohnnyC squirrely over fluffy like a bunny? :p

situation like that though I would mount the bottle to one of my primary tanks and that way it comes off easily. I really don't like anything on my back that is inflexible. Can lights are butt mounted and can't stand the small of back mounting

Back
Top Bottom